Terms and conditions
- The Longest Table 2018 event is owned and organised by The Hospital Research Foundation (ABN 86 248830078) (Organiser)
- The objectives of The Longest Table 2018 are to engage the community and raise funds for The Hospital Research Foundation Inc. (THRF).
- The campaign will commence on Monday 1st May 2018. Registered participants will be notified of the start time and any change in date.
- Registration for The Longest Table 2018 will close on Monday 31st July 2018.
- The Organiser reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to accept or decline any application from a prospective participant. If an application is declined, the registration donation will not be refunded in full.
- All amounts referred to in these terms and conditions are in Australian dollars.
- THRF is a deductible gift recipient and donations over $2.00 will be tax deductible to the donor
- All fundraising donations must be made through the participant’s dinner page OR direct to the campaign supporting cancer research via the event website (www.thelongesttable.com.au).
- Donations will not be refunded in any circumstances, including where the relevant participant is unable to participate in the event or the event is cancelled.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove any persons from the event (including prior to the event) which it considers it necessary to do so for any reason.
Communications and changes
- All communications for The Longest Table 2018 will be made by email to the email address nominated on the registration form. It is each participant’s responsibility to provide a valid email address on the registration form, and to notify the Organiser of any change in address and other contact details in the lead-up to the event. The Organiser can be contacted by email at the following address: email@example.com. Participants should also monitor The Longest Table 2018 website (www.thelongesttable.com.au) for updates and information released in the lead-up to the event.
- Third party comments via social media are the responsibility of the author. Offensive material will not be accepted and if applicable will be referred to the police for investigation
- If any material published on The Longest Table website is deemed to cause offence, the material will be removed. All material published by THRF will be vetted to ensure it complies with relevant laws, ethical codes and community standards. The Organiser will not be held responsible for any offence caused or taken by members of the public accessing the site.
- The Organiser may amend these terms and conditions from time to time and any such changes will be communicated in writing to the participants.
- By choosing to opt-out of receiving The Hospital Research Foundation e-newsletter you will still receive communication from The Longest Table. To opt-out of receiving The Longest Table e-newsletter, use the ‘unsubscribe’ functionality in the footer of the email.
Cancellation and re-scheduling
- The Organiser reserves the right to change, re-schedule or cancel the event (even after its commencement) as a result of unforseen events or circumstances beyond the control of the Organiser. The Organiser will use its best endeavours to change or re-schedule where possible, rather than cancelling the event.
- Any donations raised for cancer research will not be refundable in the event of changes, re-scheduling or cancellation of the event.
By accessing or using The Longest Table website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions of use as they may be modified and posted on our website from time to time.
We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our website or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated, any new and current features including new content, and/or the release of new interactive tools or downloadable resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials published on our website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. In all other cases, permission must be sought from THRF to use the materials. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our website and the use of all information contained within it. For more information, see the Disclaimer paragraph below.
The Longest Table makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access any other website you understand that this is independent from The Longest Table and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In linking to any other website, The Longest Table does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in conjunction with use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on or through any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link shall be directed to its website administrator.
We will try to make our website available and accessible but cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free and can accept no liability for its unavailability or malfunction. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device.
Medical Information Disclaimer
The Hospital Research Foundation information about research, diseases, treatments and general matters has been written and edited by people internally and externally of the Foundation. The Hospital Research Foundation makes every effort to ensure that information provided is as up-to-date and accurate as possible. However the Foundation does not accept liability for misinterpreted or incorrect information. It is also not the intention of The Hospital Research Foundation and you must not use the information on this website to recommend any particular form of research or treatment for self-diagnosis or treatment therapy. At all times you need to discuss the information you find on this website, or any other source, with your doctors or health team, given your unique situation and status.